- MLB Spring Training – Clover Park and Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium
- Kravis Center through March 30th
- Rock N’ Riverwalk for this Sunday 3/22
- Mutt March Festival and Waterfest March 28 events
- Elliott Museum postpones upcoming Car Show
- St. Lucie County Schools Closed to April 15th
- Martin County Schools Closed to April 15th
- Sunfest has been Cancelled
- Maltz Jupter Theatre postponed How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying until further notice
- Stuart/Martin County Chamber Of Commerce Activities
Boys & Girls Clubs of Martin County closes doors March 16-27
- Florida Sports Cycle – Until Further Notice
- Elder Home Care MS Walk in Tradition – postponed
- City Of PSL:
- Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the City will temporarily be suspending in-person services at Utility Customer Service office until further notice. All residents are encouraged to manage their account online at www.Utility.CityofPSL.com.
SLC Chamber of Commerce: COVID-19 Statement chamber events through May 8th and all chamber meetings through April 10th are cancelled.
Suspensions of Classes, Events, Workshops and Meetings
- Spring Break Camp at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center is hereby canceled, effective Wednesday, March 18 through March 27, 2020.
- Any reservations (weddings, meetings, so on) scheduled between March 18 – March 30, 2020, of groups of 50 or more people are hereby canceled.
- From March 18 – March 30, 2020, reservations will not be taken at the MIDFLORIA Event Center Recreation & Fitness, PSL Community Center and Minsky Gym.
MIDFLORIDA Event Center: Recreation & Fitness: In an abundance of caution, the City is suspending the following programs until Monday, March 30, 2020.
- Rock Steady Boxing Program
- Great Kids After-School Program
- M&M Sweeties
- Special Needs Fun n’ Fit
- Movin’ and Grooving
- Toddler Drop Off
- Dance Combo
- Once Upon a Time
- Birthday Party Rentals
- Tutus & Taps
- Senior Game Mixer
- Senior Mah Jongg
- Senior “Technology Take Over”
- Line Dancing Class
- Indoor Men’s Basketball League
- Open Gym Drop-In Basketball
- Indoor Pickleball
- Indoor Racquetball
- Teen Drop-In Program
Community Center: All game room activities are hereby suspended.
- Senior Social
- Social Bridge
- Mah Jongg
- Line Dance
Community Center All game room activities are hereby suspended.
- Senior Social
- Social Bridge
- Mah Jongg
- Line Dance
- Third party users of City parks will announce any cancellations directly.
- Any park reservation currently in place for groups of 50 people or more is canceled.
- Any City run league, i.e., Senior Softball, Adult Softball League, games and practices are hereby suspended from March 18 – March 29, 2020. Updates will be provided.
- Pizza Jam – Youth scheduled for Friday March 20 at Robert E. Minsky Gym.
- Minsky Gym Garage Sale scheduled for Saturday, March 21 at Robert E. Minsky Gymnasium.
- One Stop Shop Garage Sale scheduled for Sunday, March 22 at MIDFLORIDA Event Center.
- Senior Dance scheduled for Saturday, March 28 at MIDFLORIDA Event Center.
- River Nights, scheduled for Thursday, April 9 at 2454 SE Westmoreland Blvd.
- Eggstravaganza scheduled for Saturday, April 11 at Whispering Pines Park.
- Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful’s Caring Community Cleanup Day, scheduled for April 18 at the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center
- Postponed in the City of Fort Pierce
- Sandy Shoes Seafood & Brew
Canceled in the City Of Fort Pierce
5th Annual Local Celebrity Lunch Canceled
- Jazz on Moore’s Creek
- Friday Fest
- Downtown Farmer’s Market
- Jazz Market
- Wednesday Green Market
- Dancin’ in the Streets
- Jazz Week
- Restoring the Village Diabetes Walk
- Manatee Center 5K
- Waterside Blues
- Fool’s Day 5K
- In Vero Beach:
- Audubon Society Open Meeting* Celebration of Life Sharon Morgan – POSTPONED* Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital’s community seminars have been postponed* * Environmental Learning Center — See notation below* Farmers Market Oceanside* Firefighters FAIR* Habitat’s Island Gala – POSTPONED UNTIL NOVEMBER 14TH* Hibiscus Festival Postponed – March28th & 29th –Miss Hibiscus Pageant – NOT Cancelled – March 18 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm* IRC Public Schools closed for two weeks starting* Met Live: Der Fliegende Hollander @ Majestic Theater* Sebastian Craft Club Show* Sebastian River Medical Center – All seminars and classes have been cancelled* Senior Expo – Postponed* Shrimpfest Hullabaloo* Sunrise Rotary Meetings cancelled until further notice* Sunset Saturday Night Concert* The African Children’s Choir to Perform in Vero Beach* Treasure Coast Food Bank – Empty Bowls event and Spring * *Forward for Hunger – POSTPONED* UP – United Against Poverty – The situation surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19) is constantlychanging. United Against Poverty recommends that you reference the websites forup-to-date information.* Under the Oaks Fine Arts & Crafts* Vero Beach Chamber Orchestra* Vero Beach High School Performing Arts Center have been cancelled effective March 13, 2020through March 29, 2020, unless otherwise notified. We will reevaluate as we draw closer tothat date. Please contact us, (772) 564-5497 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding tickets you* Vero Beach Museum of Art is closed and cancels ALL public programs and Art School ClassesUntil further notices.
* ELC – Media update from Environmental Learning CenterBeginning Monday, March 16, the ELC will be giving the community the gift of the great outdoors! Walking in the sunlight, breathing deeply of the fresh air, under the magnificent open sky, in the company of the abundant native flora and fauna on our 64 acre lagoon island campus – what better antidote to the coronavirus blues?We want to share this simple prescription, free of charge, so that each of you has a safe place to de-stress and restore balance during this unsettling time.Our gates will be open to welcome visitors during daylight hours, seven days a week. It will be business as usual this weekend through 3/15 but starting Monday, all buildings will be closed including the entry pavilion, nature nook, discovery station, and our programs, events and tours will be suspended until it has been determined that it is safe for us to re-open and resume services for the public.Jensen Beach Chamber Updates:
The Executive Committee of the Jensen Beach Chamber of Commerce has determined that it is in the best interest of our members to cancel all Chamber events until April 8, 2020.
CANCELLED – Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House, Member Luncheon, Thursday, March 19.
RESCHEDULED – The next luncheon at Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House will be held on Thursday, August 20 (11:45am–1pm)
RESCHEDULED – Grassam Spine & Wellness Center will sponsor our May Member Luncheon, Thursday, May 21 (11:45am–1pm) at Conchy Joe’s Seafood Restaurant & Bar, and Dr. Lisa Grassam will be our speaker.
NOTE – The Felix A. Williams Elementary School Teacher & Student of the Month and the Jensen Beach Elementary School Teacher & Student of the Month will be honored at the April Member Luncheon, Thursday, April 16 (11:45am–1pm) at Bob’s Place Restaurant, Eagle Marsh Golf Cub, Jensen Beach Country Club 3869 NW Royal Oak Drive, Jensen Beach. The speaker will be George Stokus, Assistant County Administrator.
POSTPONED – The Ribbon Cutting for Realty One Group Engage, originally scheduled for Thursday, March 26 (5pm), has been postponed until May. Date and time has not yet been scheduled.
CANCELLED – Ocean Breeze Animal Hospital, Before Hours Networking Breakfast, Thursday, March 26.
RESCHEDULED – The Ocean Breeze Animal Hospital Before Hours Networking Breakfast has been rescheduled for Thursday, June 25. Don’t forget – Members are encouraged to bring their pet. Breakfast compliments of Ocean Breeze Animal Hospital.
CANCELLED – Education Committee Meeting, Tuesday, March 31.
CANCELLED – Government Affairs Committee Meeting, Monday, April 6.
CANCELLED – Ambassador Committee Meeting, Wednesday, April 8.
Humane Society of the Treasure Coast announces temporary changes due to coronavirus
PALM CITY, Fla. — Due to the growing concerns of the new coronavirus, the Humane Society of the Treasure Coast (HSTC) is putting the following practices into place from March 18 until at least Wednesday, April 8, at which time further evaluations will be done.
FACILITIES: Hours of operation are now 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Saturday and will be closed on Sundays. Out of an abundance of caution, the HSTC will be closed to foot traffic and entry will only be permitted for those with a confirmed appointment. This includes adoptions, owner surrender intake, and owner requested euthanasia.
ADOPTIONS: The adoption center will operate via appointments only. Those interested in adopting may go online to the HSTC’s pet database to view all animals currently available first and then call 772-223-8822 to make a meet & greet appointment between the hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. only. Through this Saturday, March 21, adopters can take advantage of a Spring Break Adoption Special. All adoption fees are being waived. The normal adoption fees are $125 for dogs, $45 for cats and $25 for critters.
WELLNESS CLINIC: The HSTC’s animal wellness clinic will exclusively support essential services that encompass sick and injured animals in its care. Public spay/neuter programs have been suspended and the HSTC team will reach out to reschedule appointments in the coming weeks.
RECEIVING: The HSTC’s receiving center will operate via appointments only. Call 772-223-8822 to schedule an appointment for owner surrenders. Stray healthy adult cats will not be accepted during this time to help prevent overcrowding of the shelter.
THRIFT STORES: Both HSTC thrift stores will be closed until further notice and no donations will be accepted at this time.
EVENTS AND ORIENTATIONS: Due to growing concerns for the community’s health and safety, the HSTC-sponsored events and activities have been cancelled until further notice. This includes volunteer orientations, the Volunteer Appreciation Party, Mutt March and Bunfest. The upcoming Neonatal Kitten Care class is now a Facebook Live event. The HSTC encourages supporters to continue to support the shelter by visiting its Facebook page for virtual events: https://www.facebook.com/humanesocietyTC.
COVID-19 Update #2
March 17, 2020, 4:30 PM
The City of Fort Pierce is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our citizens and visitors. In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Fort Pierce is taking proactive steps to follow federal, state and local officials’ recommendations. The City of Fort Pierce declared a State of Local Emergency in order to properly prepare for, and respond to, the spread of COVID-19. These measures will not impact critical services such as utilities, police, waste and recycling collection, however, some city functions may be modified.
The following operational changes will take effect on Wednesday, March 18 until further notice:
- City Hall will remain open with limited access to the public; however, all other city buildings will be closed to the public. During this unpredictable time, citizens are encouraged to take advantage of our online services, email and phone resources. For a staff directory, visit: http://www.cityoffortpierce.com/Directory.aspx
- All Board and Committee meetings are canceled with the exception of the City Commission. To view a list of canceled meetings, visit: http://www.cityoffortpierce.com/223/Agendas-Minutes
- City parks and the Indian Hills Golf Course will remain open, for more information on the golf course, visit: https://www.cityoffortpierce.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=459
- The Fort Pierce City Marina will also remain open to existing tenants but will no longer accept new reservations and the gift shop is closed.
- All recreational programming is canceled including Courageous Kids and Boys and Girls Club at Percy Peek Gymnasium.
- All special events are canceled including shows at the Sunrise Theatre and private events at city facilities. For more information about the Sunrise Theatre and Black Box schedule, contact the box office, email@example.com or 772-461-4775.
- The Seven Gables Visitor Center is closed.
BARS, NIGHTCLUBS AND RESTAURANTS
Today, Governor Ron DeSantis announced new restrictions across Florida to mitigate the spread of the Coronavirus. Effective at 5:00 pm tonight, all bars and nightclubs throughout the state of Florida will close for the next 30 days. Restaurants must operate at 50% occupancy and should separate seated customers by a distance of at least six feet. The Governor also encourages restaurants to continue to expand take-out and delivery services. Guidance: http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/emergency/
SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESOURCES
Businesses impacted by COVID-19 are encouraged to visit www.SBA.gov for additional information regarding guidance and disaster loan programs.
We are committed to keeping our residents safe and informed – all public notices will be provided on the city’s website, social media channels and Fort Pierce TV Channel 27. Residents may subscribe to receive updates through the “COVID-19 Information” alert center on the city’s website: www.cityoffortpierce.com. Archived updates are also available on the city’s website.